The Surveying & Spatial Sciences Institute Victoria’s imminent annual summit to focus on ‘Victorians delivering the future’ when it takes over the RACV City Club this Friday, October 5.
Registrations are open for one more day.
The summit organisers say that the theme is intended to showcase ‘the professionals delivering their projects for the future of Victoria, as well as the technologies in surveying, mapping and spatial data analysis that complement to deliver successful outcomes.’
Further to that theme and the future of spatial disciplines and technologies, the summit will feature a special focus on career transition and development, with forums focused on mentoring students and working practitioners alike to maintain their momentum and competitive edge in a dynamic profession.
SSSI Victoria’s annual summit will also host a networking breakfast for women in spatial on the morning of the event, October 5.
As a further incentive to future spatial professionals, students can register for a wallet-friendly $45 for the full day of keynotes, panel discussions, forums and networking opportunities.
The full-day program includes:
- Phil Delaney, Manager – Partner Services, FrontierSI (formerly the CRC for Spatial Information) presenting Digital Earth Australia: Delivering value to Australian industry
- Martin Tomko, Senior Lecturer, University of Melbourne presenting Self-healing maps – extracting patterns to inform data cleaning
- Kourosh Khoshelham, Senior Lecturer, University of Melbourne presenting Real-time information extraction from CCTV images for intelligent transport management
- Melinda Borg, GIS Manager and Dominique Berger, Senior GIS Analyst, Lendlease Engineering on How DE at Lendlease is facilitating the smarter delivery of the iconic Melbourne Metro Tunnel Project. The Metro Tunnel Project: Cross Yarra Partnership Consortium (CYP), Rail Projects Victoria (RPV), Lendlease Engineering
- VicRoads on Section 35 Plans
- City of Melbourne Section 24 Plans
- Smart Plan and Amendment VC148
- PSMA Australia and Geoscape
- FOSS4G and State of the Map Oceania Conference
- Launch of the new Resource Portal
- FPET Points will be on offer to Licensed Surveyors and CPD Points for Member of SSSI
Register for the 2018 SSSI Victoria Summit at the event website.
Stay up to date by getting stories like this delivered to your mailbox.
Sign up to receive our free weekly Spatial Source newsletter.