The International Global Navigation Satellite Systems (IGNSS) Society Inc. has released the updated program for its 2015 symposium on GPS/GNSS, to be held from 14-16 July 2015 at the Outrigger Hotel, Surfers Paradise, Queensland, Australia.
The program includes two new International speakers for the SBAS Workshop & Panel Session. Eric Gakstatter of GPS World and David Comby of the French Ministry of Sustainable Development will describe how WAAS and EGNOS benefit the US and Europe, respectively.
Eric and David will provide presentations as part of a session entitled “Should Australia and New Zealand have Space-Based Augmentation System (SBAS)?” They will also join a debate about the merits of SBAS for Australia and New Zealand as part of a panel that includes:
- John Macilree, Principal Adviser, Technology & Transport Systems, New Zealand Ministry of Transport
- Gary Johnston, Group Leader, Geodesy & Seismic Monitoring, Community Safety & Earth Monitoring Division, Geoscience Australia
- Stuart Ballingall, Project Director, Cooperative ITS, Austroads
- Alan Smart, Principal, ACIL Allen Consulting
- Capt Mario Cipollone, Fleet Manager Dash 8 400, Fleet and Technical Development, Qantaslink, Qantas Airways Limited
This session will continue with the first ever Australian demonstration of an aviation style Space Based Augmentation System (SBAS) providing correction and integrity information generated using Australian reference stations.
IGNSS 2015 also encompasses the GNSS.asia Workshop and NPI Workshop. The GNSS.asia Workshop will encompass presentations by key industry players and institutional actors from both the EU and Australia, offering insights into international opportunities for satellite navigation companies. The NPI Workshop will feature presentations from members of the National Positioning Infrastructure (NPI) Board, along with panel discussions on the NPI work plan.
To view the full conference program view the updated Registration Brochure and Program.
To register for the conference online click here.
Name: IGNSS 2015 symposium on GPS/GNSS
Date: 14 – 16 July 2015
Venue: Outrigger Hotel, Surfers Paradise.
Address: 22 View Ave, Surfers Paradise QLD 4217
Cost: $945 / $845 (early bird)
Event Website: www.ignss.org