TatukGIS has released the latest major upgrade (version 10) to its royalty-free GIS Developer Kernel (DK) component for the Embarcadero Delphi/C++Builder; Microsoft .NET Framework for WinForms/WPF; and Microsoft ActiveX/OCX platforms.
The TatukGIS Developer Kernel is a comprehensive GIS SDK licensed by a wide range of organisations in over 50 countries to custom develop stand-alone, embedded, client-server, and web server applications.
The Developer Kernel product complies with open standards, and contains native support for most GIS industry data types.
Version 10 introduces several new features, including:
- Integrated 3D map display features, including presentation of DTM (digital terrain models), 3D vector rendering, automatic draping of image and 2D vector layers over DTM models, flood simulation, light & shadow control, camera/scene control.
- Full 64 bit support for VCL, ActiveX and .NET.
- Rewritten .NET code with support for .NET 4.0, MONO (DK.NET edition).
- Advanced line styles.
- Opening Web Map Tile services (such as MapQuest/OpenStreetMap tiles) as a map layer.
- Contour line generation from a DTM.
- Support for Lidar data in XYZ format.
- Spatial support for IBM DB2 & Informix databases (DK Enterprise edition).
- Embarcadero RAD Studio XE2 support (DK-VCL edition).
- WPF controls wrappers for .NET (DK.NET edition).
- Upgraded routing functionality and performance, including support for road centerline elevation data.
- Improved SVG support for symbols.
- Redesigned VPF support.
- Redesigned S57 support.
- Extended spatial database support: Oracle and Microsoft SQL (Enterprise edition).
- Many minor improvements.
DK-VCL 10, DK.NET 10, and DK-ActiveX 10 trial versions, with source code examples, are available from the TatukGIS web site.
For more about TatukGIS and the TatukGIS Developer Kernel, visit www.tatukgis.com.