The NSW Regional Conference 2015 – coordinated by SSSI NSW and the ISNSW Hunter Manning Group – will be held on 20-21 November 2015 at Mercure Hunter Valley Resort. The theme of this year’s conference “Technology Beyond the Map” will focus on how surveying and spatial science professionals use technology such as LiDAR, UAV, BIM, GIS, Laser Scanning and 3D Models in their professions.
This year’s Conference will also be incorporating the annual Hunter Manning Group October Engineering Surveying Seminar.
The conference organising committee is calling for abstracts from willing parties to present at this year’s conference. Abstracts must provide an overview of the project, research or topic to be presented, with a maximum of 300 words. Submission of Abstracts will close 30 June 2015.
The topics looking to be covered at the conference include:
- Latest Technology, including LiDAR, UAV, BIM, GIS, Laser Scanning, 3D models
- Regional or urban focus within NSW (e.g. with relevant legislation, practice, spatial/surveying policy)
- Demonstration/application of best practice and standards
- Show overlaps between the SSSI Commissions (Land Surveying, Hydrography, Spatial Information and Cartography, Engineering and Mining Surveying, Remote Sensing and Photogrammetry)
- Joint presentations of speakers showing overlaps and teamwork between professionals, e.g. engineering working with surveying and mapping.
For more information, please read the official Call for Papers.
Name: SSSI NSW REGIONAL CONFERENCE 2015 – “Technology Beyond the Map”
Date: 20-21 November 2015
Venue: Mercure Hunter Valley Resort
Address: Cnr Broke and MacDonald Road, 2320 POKOLBIN, NSW, AUSTRALIA.
Event Website: http://bit.ly/1K8maZQ