- WebinarDate & Time Tuesday, 26 May 2020 4:00 pm - 4:45 pm We are pleased to announce a Q&A with Ms Alison Rose - Chief of Place, Space and Community Safety, Geoscience Australia & President UNGGIM Asia Pacific, hosted by SSSI's President, Zaffar Sadiq Mohamed-Ghouse. Zaffar will be talking to Alison about her recent appointment to GA and her plans for the future.
The SpeakerAlison Rose has extensive senior leadership experience within geospatial and intelligence communities in both the public and private sector She commenced her role as Chief of Division in late January 2020 at Geoscience Australia. Alison heads the following divisions:
- National Earth and Marine Observations, including Digital Earth Australia and Digital Earth Africa
- National Location Information
- National Positioning Infrastructure
- Community Safety
RegistrationBy registering below, you receive access to the watch the webinar live OR if you can't watch it live, you receive the link to the recording 24 hours after the event date. You can then watch the recording at your leisure.
CPDThis event is worth is 0.75 SSSI CPD points. Contact Katie Le Miere email@example.com
- 1 day event16:00 pm - 16:45 pm
- WebinarDate & Time Wednesday, 27 May 2020 4:30 pm - 5:30 pm ACT Office of the Surveyor-General’s Update Outline
- Survey Practice Advisory Committee update,
- Units plan examination and data lodgement
- Laser scanning guideline in NSW and it’s impact on the ACT.
- Legislative review program for the ACT.
- Plan examination update and common problems
- Feedback re Surveyors practice Directions and related Guidelines
- 1 day event16:30 pm - 17:30 pm
- Online EventDate & Time Thursday, 28 May 2020 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm It’s time to celebrate at home or in the office with SSSI & SIBA|GITA as we host the annual Asia-Pacific Spatial Excellence Awards ceremony, announcing the oceanic winners from our 2019 season of regional awards. Join us online on Thursday 28 May at 4.30pm AEST. The APSEAs celebrate the achievements of top spatial information enterprises and individuals, showcasing the finest projects and most significant performance of professionals the surveying and spatial industry has to offer. Aptly renamed to APSEALIVE just for this year, the ceremony will be held via Zoom. There is no cost to attend however registration is required. APSEALIVE times: NSW, QLD, VIC, ACT and TAS: 4:30pm SA & NT: 4:00pm WA: 2:30pm To register for the event, please click here. You will receive the link to the Zoom webinar closer to the event. Contact Katie Le Miere firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 day event16:30 pm - 18:00 pm
- WebinarDate & Time Monday, 1 Jun 2020 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmLarge scale updates to core information managed by many organisations, including Local Governments, is expected to be required over the coming year(s), particularly with the Vicmap DCM underway. Please join us as Andrew Densley (acting Manager Vicmap Strategy and Engagement, DELWP) and Graeme Martin (General Manager Operations, Spatial Vision) discuss the future impact and insights for Local Governments.
Vicmap RoadmapAndrew will provide an overview of the Vicmap Roadmap series that is currently under development within the Vicmap team, plus a sneak peek of some of the motivators for change within the Vicmap data space including customer-driven data model enhancements and technology-driven data supply and delivery capabilities.
The tsunami of data headed your wayGraeme will be speaking about the tsunami of data headed your way. There has never been a more interesting time to be involved in Local Government GIS especially in Victoria. And a more challenging time. There is a Tsunami of new spatial data becoming available to Local Governments that may open up many opportunities for delivering more spatially intelligent and reliable services. It may also overwhelm some agencies. This presentation will describe the challenges, opportunities and possible responses to these initiatives. Hopefully, it will also open up a conversation about collaborative approaches to dealing with them.
About the speakers:Andrew DensleyAndrew is currently acting Manager Vicmap Strategy and Engagement within the Land Information and Spatial Services (LISS) branch of the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP). He has been acting in that role since May 2019 and during that time he has spear-headed a number of major technology changes including the introduction of service-orientated architecture to Vicmap data supply and delivery, the development of dashboard reporting for Vicmap data use analytics and the build of a customer relationship management (CRM) solution for Vicmap stakeholder management. His usual role with DELWP is Manager Enterprise Spatial Data where he manages a team that delivers spatial services to DELWP and other government departments and agencies. He has over 23 years’ experience in the data and information industry working in various technical and managerial roles across various divisions of the Victorian and Queensland Governments.Graeme MartinGraeme Martin has been in working in the spatial industry for over 30 years. In this time, he has experienced working for both State Government and the private sector. Graeme has oversighted the design and delivery many information systems from Crown land management to public websites for water use. He has provided strategic advice on better utilisation of data resources to Federal, State and Local Governments from health, emergency management to natural resources. Graeme convenes the GIS Water User Group for Water Utilities and is an advisor to the Local Government Spatial Reference Group.Graeme is the General Manager Operations for Spatial Vision. He continues to engage in interesting strategic consulting projects for clients.Join us in the question and answer time after each presentation.Many thanks to our sponsorCost SSSI Member $30 | SSSI YP $20 | SSSI Student FREE | Non-member $45 Contact Su Ling Meimaris email@example.com
- 1 day event12:00 pm - 13:00 pm
- Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre (BCEC) – Plaza Level, Grey St Section
Glenelg St, South Brisbane QLD 4101Our 12d International Technical Forum 2020 will be held from 2-4 August 2020; we’re already excited! We’ll be back at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre (BCEC), but we’ve officially ‘outgrown’ the Boulevard Level with our sold-out 2018 event, so we’ve moved the 2020 event to the Plaza Level. In addition to the industry talks and presentations by our own team, we will continue the very popular ‘Birds of a Feather’ breakout sessions on Design, Surveying, Three Waters, and 12d Synergy. This event will be an invaluable learning and networking experience for users of 12d products and other industry professionals, in all areas of civil design, surveying and construction. The accompanying 12d International Innovation Awards will be presented at the Technical Forum Dinner on Monday 3rd August 2020.The 12d International Technical Forum offers:
- A great opportunity to increase your 12d Model and 12d Synergy skills
- The ability to interact with the developers of 12d Model and 12d Synergy
- The chance to network with and learn from other 12d Model and 12d Synergy users
- 3 Full Days of Technical Forum Main Sessions
- Any Technical Forum ‘Birds of a Feather’ Sessions
- All Technical Forum Publications
- Morning/Afternoon Tea Breaks and Lunches
- 12d Polo Shirt and Other Goodies!
- Full Technical Forum Package $850 +GST
- Day Sessions only - $305/day +GST
- Welcome Event (Add Guest for $100 +GST) Technical Forum Dinner* (Add Guest for $215 +GST)
- 3 day event
- Virtual Conference
MaaS offers the potential to drastically improve customer choices, reduce travel costs, increase network capacity and transport sustainability while improving social and environmental outcomes.From a concept that excited the industry to consider how we might rethink transport to a real world offering that is providing a new way to plan, book and pay for transport. Mobility 2020 will be a VIRTUAL CONFERENCE. Australia's leaders in ITS Mobility and MaaS will bring together experts from industry, government and academia to learn and share ideas about the impact of COVID-19 on our industry and communities. Transportation, freight and logistics, and the transport and technology sector widely have been both massively impacted and deliver essential services. How are organisations and individuals adapting and learning through this crisis? We will also look at behavioural change, how people are likely to work and study post the covid pandemic, what will be the impact on fare revenue and fare sharing, what are the new sets of challenges MaaS is trying to solve. Join online as key organisations will share covid success stories and how they are pivoting from the pandemic experience. Now more than ever it is important to stay connected with industry, government and academia to maintain vital connections during a time where our industry is both working at the front lines and continuing to deliver on their existing important roles. Sharing information about what industry is doing and how we are preparing for the future has never been more important.
Key DatesWednesday 2 - Thursday 3 September 2020: Virtual sessions, keynote speaker interviews, presentations and panel discussions, live interactive Q&A sessions, polls and surveys.
ProgramFull program and speaker line-up to be announced. Sessions will be broken down and spread over 2 days - allowing you time to connect interact with attendees and presenters via the event platform.
SpeakersWe are working with a group of industry experts to design a program that is both substantive and exciting, if you are interested to be a speaker or contribute to an interactive panel discussion, you are encouraged to email your expression of interest to ITS Australia and include:
- Proposed Speaker: Name, Job Title, Organisation
- Proposed presentation title
- Brief paragraph of presentation focus (max 200 words)
- 2 day event
- Los Angeles Convention Centre
1201 S Figueroa Street, Los Angeles, CA 90015
The 27th ITS World Congress in Los Angeles, CA, October 4-8, 2020 will explore “The New Age of Mobility”.The recent explosion of new technologies and new forms of mobility are transforming the future of transportation. At a time in which we are focused on moving people, data and freight, how will we prepare for a future that is increasingly more connected, automated, shared and electric? The technologies that make our roads safer will also reduce congestion and greenhouse gas emissions, and move us closer to a future of seamless mobility — one that is safer, greener and smarter.
10,000+ Participants | 300+ Exhibitors | 20+ Technical Tours and Demonstrations
ITS Australia are major exhibitors in Los Angeles!
Co-Exhibit on the ITS Australia Pavilion and secure your spot at the World CongressCo-Exhibitor and Sponsorship Opportunities Now Available with ITS Australia in Los Angeles Pavilion Early Bird ‘Design-Phase’ rates available ITS Australia Stand #1027 More info: Janette Sofronidis, Event Manager ITS Australia Email your expression of interest: firstname.lastname@example.org Being a co-exhibitor on a major pavilion is the best way to get noticed at this major global event – providing high visibility in the exhibition for your transport technology solutions. Leverage this opportunity to be part of the ITS Australia Pavilion and generate new business leads across Europe, Americas and Asia Pacific. Alternatively, consider sponsorship of ITS Australia hosted social networking functions – a great way to associate a positive and socially engaging experience with your brand. Exhibitor List and Expo Floor Plan
- 10,000+ visitors through the Expo Hall
- On the ITS Australia Pavilion you get: your own display space, logo branding, monitor display, own lockable storage, ample bench-top space for equipment displays, and meeting spaces
- Complimentary exhibitor registration
- Access to official World Congress Media Partners
- Multiple website listings
- Official World Congress online Exhibitor Profile
- Global brand and media engagement
- ITS Australia VIP Reception guest invitations
- Professional Project Management done for you by ITS Australia!
- A large contingent of Australian transport technology professionals expected to attend, present in the program, network and do business.
- Large Australian Pavilion hosted by ITS Australia stand #1027 – featuring leading industry co-exhibitors showcasing new technologies.
- VIP Reception hosted by ITS Australia at a premium venue in Downtown LA with stunning views over the famous city skyline – invitation only.
- On-Stand Drinks Networking Function – casual drinks and canapes on the ITS Australia Pavilion to network and socialise.
- ITS Australia hosted webinars before and after the congress.
- All ITS Australia member logos on full display in the Expo Hall.
- Leading Australian transport technology innovations being presented in the scientific program across multiple sessions.
- ITS Australia hold several positions on both the ITS World Congress and the ITS Asia Pacific Boards of Directors providing opportunity to influence discussion and decision-making to support the particular needs of the Australian industry.
- 5 day event18:00 pm - 18:00 pm
- Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre
Glenelg St, South Brisbane QLD 4101
The World of Drones & Robotics Congress
The World of Drones Congress® is the largest drone Congress in the Asia Pacific region, connecting stakeholders with the latest industry developments, applications and policies. This year the event becomes The World of Drones and Robotics Congress® (WoDaRC), integrating and expanding across a crucial element in today's science and technology world.
WoDaRC brings together domestic and international drones, robotics, and autonomous systems’ business representatives, pilots, manufacturers, developers, and academics to connect, collaborate and co-create.
Held at the Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre on Thursday 12th and Friday 13th November, 2020, the World of Drones and Robotics Congress is dedicated to launching, growing, and scaling enterprise unmanned operations by bringing global leaders in the drone and robotics ecosystem together.
- 2 day event1:00 am - 1:00 am
- Royal International Convention Centre (Royal ICC)
600 Gregory Terrace, Bowen Hills QLD 4006
THE HELICOPTER AND UNMANNED FLIGHT EXPOSITION FOR AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND AND THE REGIONWith a comprehensive three-day FREE to attend industry conference program, ROTORTECH 2020 is the region’s premier helicopter and unmanned flight systems showcase and forum, featuring more than 100 participating companies and key speakers from industry and government. Join Australia’s helicopter and unmanned aerial flight communities including the Australian Helicopter Industry Association (AHIA), Australian Association for Unmanned Systems (AAUS) and the Aviation Maintenance Repair and Overhaul Business Association (AMROBA) at the industry’s own signature event. Join the FREE conference program and engage with:ROTORTECH 2018 was an unprecedented success, attracting 95 exhibitors, including three days of conferences with 30 speakers across some 22 sessions on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast. Dramatic growth in demand for the event has prompted a move to the Royal International Convention Centre at Brisbane Showgrounds as a larger, more easily accessible venue with world class facilities, helicopter access and external flying demonstrations and networking.
- 3 day event1:00 am - 1:00 am
- Sydney International Convention Centre
14 Darling Dr, Sydney NSW 2000The leadership of COSPAR and the Local Organizing Committee for COSPAR 2020 in Sydney, Australia have concluded that with the worldwide pandemic and accompanying social and economic disruption, COSPAR 2020 must be postponed. The new dates for the 43rd COSPAR Scientific Assembly will be 28 January – 4 February 2021 and hereafter will be referred to as COSPAR 2021. The extensive planning and preparations for COSPAR 2020 are completely transferable to the new dates, by which time we anticipate that the thirst for knowledge and personal collaboration throughout the global space research community can and will be met with an extremely successful COSPAR Scientific Assembly in Australia. We sincerely hope that the entire COSPAR community is able to remain healthy and that the extraordinary efforts underway to contain the coronavirus and preserve economic security are successful. In the meantime, let’s continue to work together virtually so that we ensure a Sydney summer in January 2021 will both brighten our outlook and continue our cause of promoting and facilitating international cooperation and advances in space research.
- 8 day event
- Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre
Glenelg St, South Brisbane QLD 4101
CONVERGENCE, COLLABORATION AND COMMUNITY – TOWARDS A STRONGER ECONOMYBrisbane will host the Locate Conference in 2021 at the Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre between the 30th March and 1st of April. Here we will share from across industry sectors how Geospatial and Location technologies and practices are being used, highlighting the fundamental role they play in the building of our digital economy. We will also explore and facilitate the convergence of the spatial industry and the influence and importance of our industry to broader, non-traditional, industries and the Australian economy. Spatial data and location services now underpin many activities driving us to explore collaborative partnerships with businesses in other sectors, working together to produce a greater whole and to recognize new ways of doing things. Locate21 will also look at how new technology and practices are equipping us to meet the challenges our planet is faced with, how we can learn from our collective experiences and share in new collaborative partnerships that will enhance the ecosystem of the geospatial community and ensure the value of location data to inform and enable good decision making is recognized by the broader community.
- 33 day event1:00 am - 0:00 am
- Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre
Glenelg St, South Brisbane QLD 4101The 17th ITS Asia Pacific Forum has been postponed to April 2021 and is being hosted in Brisbane by ITS Australia at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre. The 4 day forum will include a strong industry program including tours and demonstrations, an exhibition, as well as an exciting social program. The 2020 ITS APAC Forum Theme of “ITS Innovation Creating Liveable Communities” will demonstrate Australia’s new initiatives and adapted learnings from the advances of our neighbouring mega cities. Key topics to be covered included MaaS (Mobility as a Service), Autonomous Vehicles, Data Analytics and network development. Brisbane is a multicultural and dynamic city with first class facilities that is conveniently accessible to the APAC region. ITS Australia has no doubts that Brisbane will ensure the 17th Asia Pacific Forum will be a highlight in the ITS Calendars and that visitors from the APAC region will experience a great range of smart technology initiatives and receive a very warm welcome.
- 4 day event