The 4th International FIG 3D Cadastre Workshop will run on 9-11 November 2014, and will, for the first time, be combined with the 3D GeoInfo Conference, which will run in Dubai from 11-13 November 2014.
The increasing complexity of infrastructures and densely built-up areas requires a proper registration of the legal status (private and public), which can only be provided to a limited extent by the existing 2D cadastral registrations.
The registration of the legal status in complex 3D situations will be investigated under the header of 3D Cadastres.
The 4th International Workshop on 3D Cadastres addresses the following topics:
- 3D Cadastre operational experiences (analysis, LADM based, learn from each other, discover gaps)
- 3D Cadastre cost effective workflow for new/updated 3D parcels = 4D (part of whole chain: from planning/design/permit in 3D, to registration/use in 3D)
- 3D Cadastre web-based dissemination (usability, man-machine interfaces, including mobile/AR)
- Legal aspects for 3D Cadastre, and best legal practises in various legislation systems
- Focus on large cities, including developing countries
More information on the workshop – including registration and submissions – can be found on the 3D Cadastre Workshop website.
The deadline for the submission of extended abstracts is 30 June 2014.
The venue of the events is American University in Dubai (AUD), United Arab Emirates.