The new Pegasus:Backpack from Leica Geosystems recently won the The Wichmann Innovations Award, which recognises products and applications in geodesy and geomatics demonstrating innovation, user-friendliness and practicality.
The Leica Pegasus:Backpack is a unique wearable reality capturing sensor platform combining cameras and LiDAR profilers with the lightness of a carbon fiber chassis and a highly ergonomic design. The Pegasus:Backpack enables extensive and efficient indoor or outdoor documentation at a level of accuracy that is authoritative and professional. The Pegasus:Backpack is designed for rapid and regular reality capture – no longer is scanning registration needed for progressive scanning.
The Pegasus:Backpack is just completely portable-enabling it to be checked in as luggage on a flight – simply fly-in, wear, collect, then fly-out. As part of the Pegasus platform, the Pegasus:Backpack is designed to act a sensor platform with our standard external trigger and sync port outputs.
Making progressive professional BIM documentation a reality with the Leica Pegasus:Backpack solution, synchronising imagery and point cloud data together, therefore assuring a complete documentation of a building for full life cycle management. By using SLAM (Simultaneous Localization and Mapping) technology and a high precision IMU, we ensure accurate positioning with GNSS outages – ensuring the best known position independent of how it is used.
With the Leica Pegasus:Backpack outdoor areas or underground infrastructures with limited access professional data collection is no longer limited. By capturing full 360 spherical view and Lidar together means you never forget an object or return to a project site – no matter where you are. A hardware light sensor ensures the operator that all images are usable while other functions are verifiable and adjustable over the operators tablet device.
- Indoor and outdoor mapping in one single solution – position agnostic
- Marries imagery and point cloud data into a single calibrated, user-intuitive platform
- Full calibrated spherical view
- External trigger output and external time stamping for additional sensors
- Light sensor for auto brightness and balance control for image capture
- Software enables access to Esri® ArcGIS for Desktop
- Capture and edit 3D spatial objects from images and / or within the point cloud
- Economical with data – balances data quantity and quality, with project logistics and post-processing
- Ultra light weight carbon fiber core frame with an extensive ergonomic support for prolonged use
- Real time view of the captured data through the tablet device
- Up to 6 hours operational time with optional battery pack
For further information, please visit Australian distributors C.R. Kennedy’s Pegasus:Backpack product page.