Trimble’s smart water infrastructure mapping and work management software, Trimble Connect, has been updated to version 1.8. The latest release of the cloud-based, GIS-centric software includes a suite of applications that allow water, wastewater and stormwater utilities to visualise and manage their network maintenance and data collection activities.
Offered as a software-as-a-service (SaaS) subscription, the solution allows utilities to monitor asset operating conditions, manage leak repairs, reduce non-revenue water, deploy and inspect smart meters, lower potential threats to safety and health due to contamination and adhere to regulators’ reporting guidelines and requirements.
Trimble Connect version 1.8 can be configured and deployed quickly on a variety of Trimble and non-Trimble mobile devices, laptops, tablets and smartphones, including Apple, Android, Windows and Windows Mobile devices to automate field workflows and eliminate paper-based maps.
Trimble Connect uses the latest Esri ArcGIS 10.2.2 for Server, Mobile, and ArcGIS Online basemap services. The software is designed to automate a variety of specific water and wastewater industry workflows through individual ‘apps’ offered within the product and as part of a subscription. The new version provides standard core apps including Map Book, Manhole Inspector, Leak Repair, Hydrant Inspector, Valve Inspector, Meter Changeout, Incident Repair, Water Mapper, Wastewater Mapper, and Stormwater Mapper.
In addition to the standard core apps, Trimble Connect version 1.8 includes:
- Full offline mobile support including GIS data for Android, iOS, Windows Mobile and Windows 7/8 platforms
- Esri ArcGIS Online (AGOL) support to create and share Web Maps using data collected in Trimble Connect
- Work management support for single and multi-asset work orders on all supported platforms
- Enhanced workflows for asset inspection and condition assessment
- Embedded business rules to define failed inspections or ones that need review
- Enhanced workflows for asset mapping and data collection
- Support for the Trimble Geo 7 series rugged mapping handheld and integrated Laser Rangefinder
- Standard dashboards with each of the core apps
Trimble Connect version 1.8 is expected to available in August 2014 from Trimble’s Water Division and its authorised distribution partners.