Nominations for the 2022 Asia-Pacific Spatial Excellence Awards (APSEA) are due by Monday, 18 July 2021.
The annual awards recognise the achievements of outstanding individuals and organisations with the surveying and spatial community.
The categories for the Individual awards are:
- Professional of the Year Award*
- Future Leader of the Year Award*
- Diversity & Inclusion Award
- Educational Development Award
- Postgraduate Student Award
- Undergraduate Student Award
(* These awards are open to current members of SSSI, SIBA|GITA or S+SNZ only.)
Companies or project teams can be nominated for the following Industry awards:
- Community Impact Award
- Award for Environment and Sustainability
- Award for Innovation — Small Business
- Award for Innovation — Medium to Large Business
- International Partnership Award
- Award for Spatial Enablement
- Award for Technical Excellence
- Workforce Development & Inclusion Award
Two new special categories have been instituted for the 2022 awards:
The Bruce Thompson Award, celebrating the innovation and dedication of the late Bruce Thompson, previous Executive Director of the NSW Spatial Services and an outstanding leader in the Australian spatial industry. This award will recognise an Australia-based individual from any part of geospatial science (public, private, academic etc) that has demonstrated innovation, enthusiasm and commitment, resulting in a positive impact on the industry.
The Hydrographic Excellence Award, which is open to any Australia- or New Zealand-based hydrography-qualified individual or hydrographic team. For this award, the project or key achievements must have taken place primarily in the 12 months prior to nomination, however in cases where project details cannot be released within one year, applications for earlier projects are allowed. This award aims to recognise hydrographic project and field work that reflect hydrographic excellence, and which deliver hydrographic best practice, either ashore or afloat.
For any queries, contact SSSI APSEA Coordinator Katie Le Miere on email@example.com.
Stay up to date by getting stories like this delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive our free weekly Spatial Source newsletter.