Nominations are now open for the Australasian Hydrographic Society’s (AHS) Awards, which recognise those who have made outstanding contributions to the hydrographic industry.
There are to be two levels of awards, the Australasian Hydrographic Society awards and the NZ-EA-WA Regional awards.
The key dates are:
- Final date for submission of Awards nominations: 30 April 2023.
- Deliberation of Awards by Board of Selectors will be completed by: 15 May 2023.
- Selections forwarded to the AHS Council for endorsement: 22 May 2023.
- Awardees will be notified by the AHS President: around 28 May 2023.
- Awards to be presented at World Hydrography Day functions on 21 June 2023 and/or the AHS AGM.
Awards may be made under the following categories of achievement:
- Scientific & Technological
- Maritime Safety
- Information Management
- Literary & Media
- Exhibition and Service (to the Australasian Hydrographic Society).
The Education Award Scheme, while part of the overall awards procedure, is separately funded and administrated.
Only AHS members can endorse nominations. Full details can be found at http://www.ahs.asn.au/AHS_Award.html.
The AHS is a learned organisation with a membership that covers a broad spectrum of all those involved or having an expressed interest in hydrography and related sciences.