The NSW Board of Surveying and Spatial Information (BOSSI) has finalised its new strategic plan for the years 2023 to 2026 and beyond.
Release of the plan follows a period of stakeholder engagement and an externally facilitated workshop.
The workshop concentrated on a review of strategic themes and challenges, identification of key future focus areas, as well as the refreshing of strategic goals and setting priority actions.
The identified strategic priorities include:
- BOSSI role and identity
- Integrity of the cadastre and mine surveying
- Sustainability and integrity of the profession
- Engagement and communication
BOSSI’s mandate and core functions have been solidified as:
- Registration of land and mining surveyors, and ongoing administration of the register.
- Investigation of complaints against registered land and mining surveyors, and implementing disciplinary action that may arise as a result of the investigations.
- Provision of advice to the Minister on the integrity of the cadastre, practice of surveying, spatial information and all other matters in connection with the administration of the Surveying and Spatial Information Act 2002.
- Investigation and prosecution of breaches of the Surveying and Spatial Information Act 2002.
You can find the Strategic Plan online (PDF format).