A milestone issue of Position magazine is now in print.
We have just finished production of the 100th issue since the first Position magazine rolled off the presses in 2002. In celebration, we look back at pivotal developments and technologies that have had a resounding impact or transformative effect on the diverse streams of geospatial practice.
It’s also our Locate19 super-issue, with an exclusive must-do guide and in-depth features on selected talent and highlighted projects from the event.
It’s also packed with exclusive articles that reflect the breadth and depth of spatial techniques’ application to pressing contemporary problems, and the nuts and bolts of positioning technology and professional practice.
- #Locate19: What’s on and when at the biggest event on the geospatial calendar for 2019.
- Volker Janssen of NSW Spatial Services takes under the bonnet of the GDA94-GDA2020 transformation grids.
- We speak with Erin Peterson, lead of the Virtual Reef Diver project, which maps coral cover on the Great Barrier Reef with unprecedented spatial cover and temporal accuracy.
- A look at the bleeding edge of absolute positioning for autonomous road vehicles with Rod Bryant of u-blox.
- Jon Fairall on some of the new technologies and models that may redefine geospatial business models in 2019 and beyond.
- Mapping Australia’s marine estate with the formidable hydrographic surveying capability of the Marine National Facility’s deep water research vessels.
Don’t miss this landmark issue of Position.
Stay up to date by getting stories like this delivered to your mailbox.
Sign up to receive our free weekly Spatial Source newsletter.