The NSW and ACT winners of the 2021 Asia-Pacific Spatial Excellence Awards were announced during an online event on 5 May.
The NSW awardees are as follows:
- Award for Technical Excellence — Geoplex, Australasian Fire and Emergency Services Authorities Councils, NSW Rural Fire Service, Bureau of Meteorology
- Future Leader of the Year — Roshni Sharma
- Award for Spatial Enablement — Valuer General NSW, Spatial Services NSW, CarbonLink, FrontierSI
- Award for Environment & Sustainability — Snowy Hydro
- Award for Community Impact — NSW State Emergency Service
- Innovation Award, Medium to Large Business — NSW Department of Customer Service
- Diversity and Inclusion Award — Austen Pepper
- Professional of the Year — Maurits van der Vlugt
- Postgraduate Student Award — Oliver Lock
- Undergraduate Student Award — Rick Carruthers
- VET Student Award — Jason Hanckel
The ACT awardees are:
- Award for International Partnership — Geoscience Australia, FrontierSI, NGIS & COOi Studios
- Award for Technical Excellence — Geoscience Australia, FrontierSI & Australian Hydrographic Office
- Award for Spatial Enablement — DITRDC, Geoplex & Transport Certification Australia
- Undergraduate Student Award — Krystal Dacey
The full award citations are available on the APSEA website.
Stay up to date by getting stories like this delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive our free weekly Spatial Source newsletter.