The next round of speakers at the GeoNext conference – taking place at the Melbourne Cricket Ground 19 August this year – have been announced.
GeoNext looks to highlight the innovators in the spatial industry – especially those creating value in the areas of location-based services, smart cities, intelligent transport, big data, augmented reality, and the wide swath of sectors and industries that have recently come to realise the value in location information.
The speakers so far announced include:
- Keynote: Chris Sheldrick, co-founder & CEO at location-startup what3words, talking about the value that simple addressing can bring to business and the global community alike.
- Keynote: Colin Fairweather, CIO of City of Melbourne.
- Keynote: Julian Carver, acting group manager of BD at Land Information New Zealand.
- Dr Ben Guy, CEO, Urban Circus, talking about the importance of properly geo-planning growing city spaces.
- Ben Cooper-Wolley, Arup digital lead, talking about the importance of visualisations when communicating data.
- Damian Carroll, B. Surv, M. Surv Sci, talking about how powerful a resource satellite imagery can be – and how easy it is to access it.
- Evan Quick, manager of Spatial Services at VicRoads, talking about VicRoads’ open data journey.
- Professor Mark Stevenson, director of the Accident Research Centre at the Monash Injury Research Institute, talking about upcoming technologies in smart cars and smart cities.
The final program will be made available this May.
This year’s GeoNext Map Gallery will consist of interesting interactive or animated web-based maps. If you have any that you think would be worth featuring, please provide a URL to the map on the online form.
For more information, including registration, visit the Geonext website.