Boundless, formerly OpenGeo, wants to know how developers have been using its OpenGeo Suite, so has launched an app contest where developers can show off applications that use components of OpenGeo Suite.
Winners will be promoted on the global Boundless website and will receive free access to Boundless online training offerings.
To enter the contest, all you have to do is provide the following information through the online submission form:
- Describe what you’ve built. What’s its purpose?
- What technology does it use, including specific OpenGeo Suite components?
- Why did you choose OpenGeo Suite?
- What are your future plans for this app?
- How did you architect and build the app?
- Is this available to the public, if so, what is the URL?
- Is this your first time using OpenGeo Suite or any of its components?
Entries to the contest are open now, but close on September 13th, the last day of FOSS4G. Throughout the contest, the best submissions will be promoted on the Boundless blog and Twitter account.
The semi-finalists will be announced the week after FOSS4G, and the community will then be able to cast a vote for the finalists, to be announced at the GeoNYC Meetup in October.