Here’s what you’ll find in the Feb/Mar 2023 issue of Position magazine, Australia’s industry journal covering the surveying, geospatial, space, UAV, remote sensing, hydrography and mapping sectors.
Inside you’ll find:
- Q&A with Professor Sherif Mohamed — The Dean of the School of Surveying & Built Environment at the University of Southern Queensland is passionate about exploring the potential of GIS in the construction sector.
- Bass Strait’s role in SWOT satellite mission — Find out how GNSS-equipped buoys in Bass Strait are a crucial part of this NASA satellite’s mission to measure sea surface height.
- GNSS in harsh environments — See how developments such as SouthPAN and GNSS are enabling higher positioning accuracy in the trickiest of environments.
- Application-ready insights — Rapid advancements in artificial intelligence, deep-learning and analysis-ready data are ushering in a fourth era of geospatial data and analysis.
- Surveying above and below — Find out how surveyors are helping City Rail Link and LINZ collaborate on building Auckland’s new 3.45km twin-tunnel underground rail link.
- New horizons for Locate23 — Australia’s annual industry event is on again, and this time with a distinctly spacey feel.
- A new slant on surveying — See how Leica Geosystem’s new AP20 AutoPole with tilt compensation is providing productivity improvements for in-the-field surveyors.
- The Overland Telegraph Line — Surveyors played a critical role in scouting the inland route for the telegraph line that connected Australia to the world.
- GMV to implement SouthPAN centres — The company will develop the Australasian processing and control centres and monitor the service.
- The GNSS gathering — Current and future positioning, navigation and timing systems were on the agenda at the IGNSS conference in Sydney.
- Developing better digital terrain elevation models — With a 50-year legacy, the US Digital Terrain Elevation Data system is inching towards its next goal: 10-metre post spacing.
- Determining Positional Uncertainty of NRTK observations — A new methodology will enable NRTK data to be rigorously included in the NSW GDA2020 state adjustment.
- Galileo commences 20cm High Accuracy Service — The improved accuracy comes courtesy of real-time corrections delivered within the existing Galileo signal.
We have the latest updates from our partner, the Surveying and Spatial Sciences Institute:
- SSSI CEO’s column — Tony Wheeler brings us up to date with Geospatial Council of Australia developments.
- Vale: Peter Woodgate — Farewelling a champion of spatial sciences.
- Mentoring — Find out how SSSI’s mentoring program is investing in the future of the geospatial workforce.
Plus we have our regular news section, a full list of upcoming conferences and a survey of the latest products on the market.
Stay up to date with developments in the Australian surveying, space and spatial sectors — sign up to Position magazine today via our subscription page.