The Bureau of Meteorology is hosting a series of free briefings and workshops, related to its "Hydrological Geospatial Fabric project", that will be of interest to anyone in water resources policy, planning and/or management.
The briefings are part of the Improving Water Information Program and will demonstrate the practical value and use of water information. The Australian Government’s Improving Water Information Program is a $450 million investment led by the Bureau of Meteorology and supported by water agencies across Australia.
Briefing participants will learn more about:
- global and national trends in water resources and their impacts
- advances in sharing, standardising and archiving Australia’s water data
- innovative geospatial water data and modelling tools
- Australia’s first National Water Account
- the Bureau’s first Australian Water Resources Assessment
- new developments in water forecasting technology and applications.
Events will be held in each capital city. There is no charge to attend, but seating is limited.
For more information, including a full program and registration, visit the event page here.