Hosted jointly by SSSI and SIBA, and in conjunction with Locate14, the awards showcase the technical diversity and innovation evident across the spatial industry. It is also a special night to recognise the achievements and service contributions of professionals within the industry.
Every year, members of the spatial sciences community make significant contributions that impact across many sectors of society. APSEA is an excellent opportunity to recognise and reward these contributions.
The awards were presented at the APSEA dinner, held at Parliament House, Canberra, on Tuesday April 8.
The awards were as follows:
- SSSI Undergraduate Student of the Year: Jake Buswell from WA
- SSSI postgraduate Student of the Year: Xin Lui, WA
- Education and Professional Development Individual Award: Glenn Campbell, QLD
- Environment & Sustainability Award: CFI Savanna Burning Abatement Tool (SavBAT) by Department of Industry, Innovation, Climate Change, Science, Research & Tertiary Education, Darwin Centre for Bushfire Research, CRCSI and SpatialVision
- No category winner for the Export Award – a Commendation is awarded to Taylors for Train-the-Trainer Course, Digital Cadastral Surveying, Bangladesh
- Innovation and Commercialisation Award: 3D modeling service by AEROmetrex
- People and Community Award: eMap by Department of Environment & Primary Industry/CFA.
- Young Professional of the Year: Nathan Eaton, WA.
- SSSI Professional of the Year Award: Linda Morgan, WA
- Spatial Enablement Award: BAL Plan by Alpine Shire Council & Book and Black
- Technical Excellence Award winner: The Next Generation Forecast & Warning System (NexGenFWS) -Bureau of Meteorology
- SSSI President’s Award: Helen Owens, Assistant Secretary, Spatial Policy, Department of Communications
- SIBA Chairman’s Award: Helen Owens, Assistant Secretary, Spatial Policy, Department of Communications
- JK Barrie Award 2013: The Next Generation Forecast & Warning System (NexGenFWS) GIS weather viewer MetEye by Bureau of Meteorology
A big congratulations goes out to all winners from the staff at Spatial Source and Position Magazine.