The SSSI has a number of interesting events coming up, including the SSSI ACT Regional Conference “Positioning for the Next Century” and the LiDAR Technologies Workshop 2013.
The Young Professionals will welcome delegates from Canberra and surrounding regions to the ACT Regional Conference held at Hotel Rex in Canberra on August 16, 2013.
The theme for the full day event is “Positioning for the Next Century” and will provide an opportunity for surveying and spatial professionals to explore innovative ideas, new technologies and unique uses of spatial information that will shape the future of the industry.
An exciting program has just been finalised, which includes keynotes from Dr Stuart Minchin, Geoscience Australia and Steve Forbes, ACT Emergency Services. Additionally, MLA Shane Rattenbury will be a guest speaker.
Delegates will hear from the SA Spatial Information Day via a video link-up, and the conference will play host to the student map competition.
There is less than two weeks remaining until the event, so be sure to register now.
The conference will be followed by the APSEA awards ceremony and gala dinner. Nominations are still being accepted for the awards and provide a great opportunity to acknowledge and celebrate spatial excellence in our industry.
You can view the finalised program, abstracts, and an introduction to the keynote speakers at http://www.sssiactc.org.au/.
LiDAR Technologies Workshop 2013
After two previous annual events each drawing in excess of 100 delegates, the LiDAR Technology Workshop series in Cairns is emerging as Australia’s premier annual LiDAR event. This is SSSI’s (www.sssi.org.au) first national event focused exclusively on LiDAR. This event was initiated by and is co-hosted by the Far North GIS Users Group (www.fungis.org).
Keynote speakers this year include:
- Lewis Graham, Director-LiDAR Division, American Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing. (USA)
- Jorg Hacker, Lead Researcher, Airborne Research Australia (Australia)
- Senator Jan McLucas, Minister for Human Services, Australian Government (Australia)
Other speakers include:
- Scott Carpenter – Operations Manager, ROAMES Group, Ergon Energy Corp Ltd (Australia)
- Dr Martin Isenburg – Owner rapidlasso and author of LasTools, .LAZ format & Pulsewaves (Germany)
- Ramesh Sridharan – Chief Technical Officer, Virtual Geomatics (USA)
The event will be held on 22-23 August 2013, at the Pacific International Cairns.
To register please visit: www.sssi.org.au/Events/LiDAR-Technologies-2013/eid/565.html.