Bentley Systems has opened registrations for its Year in Infrastructure 2014 conference, being held Nov. 4-6 at the Hilton London Metropole in London, U.K.
The global conference will feature a series of presentations and interactive workshops that explore the intersection of technology and business drivers, and how they are shaping the future of infrastructure delivery and investment returns.
In addition to keynote presentations by Bentley senior management, including CEO Greg Bentley and founder and CTO Keith Bentley, this year’s agenda features many special guest speakers, including Ed Merrow, founder and president of Independent Project Analysis, Inc., world-renowned expert on capital projects, and author of Industrial Megaprojects: Concepts, Strategies, and Practices for Success.
Chris Barron, Bentley Systems vice president, corporate communications, said, “The Year in Infrastructure Conference is an event like no other, with thought leaders from around the world sharing ideas and best practices for advancing the design, delivery, and operations of infrastructure – and I mean infrastructure in the broadest sense, encompassing all of our built environment. Its agenda has been carefully developed for management-level executives in architectural and/or engineering firms, construction companies, and owner-operator and government organisations.”
The Year in Infrastructure 2014 Conference will include:
Industry-specific forums that provide infrastructure professionals an ideal opportunity to interact with their peers and industry visionaries and learn about best practices and advances in technology:
- The Building Forum is focused on the application of collaborative BIM in multi-discipline design and general construction, with an emphasis on strategies to get a better return on BIM investments.
- The Rail and Road Forum looks beyond design and construction as it explores the application of BIM throughout the lifecycle of transportation infrastructure.
- The Oil, Gas, Chemical, and Mining Forum covers both new capital projects and ongoing operations as it explores new methods and technologies to improve both project performance and asset performance.
- The EPC and A/E Forum features presentations and panel discussions focused on ProjectWise for collaboration and best practices for multi-discipline design and construction.
- The Utilities Forum addresses topics of relevance to utilities, including the impact of cloud technology on utilities workflows, new developments in meeting the challenges of subsurface utilities, best practices in engineering collaboration, and how to achieve operational excellence through better-performing assets. A concluding panel will discuss the future of the utilities industry.
Executive Summits for C-level executives (available by invitation only):
- The Project Delivery Summit
- The Infrastructure Asset Performance Summit
The Be Inspired Awards, featuring project presentations by the finalists of the 2014 Be Inspired Awards program recognising outstanding achievement in infrastructure design, delivery, and operations; the program culminates in the presentation of the awards to this year’s winners at the Be Inspired Awards banquet.
Media Day, a pre-conference, invitation-only briefing of over 100 members of leading international online and print media outlets on key business and technology trends in the design, construction, and operations of infrastructure.
Ample networking opportunities built into the agenda.
For additional information about The Year in Infrastructure 2014 Conference, or to register for this event, visit the conference website.
Name: The Year in Infrastructure 2014 Conference
Date: 4-6 November 2014
Venue: The Hilton London Metropole
Address: 225 Edgware Rd, London W2 1JU, United Kingdom
Event Website: www.bentley.com/YIIconference