As part of the 2016 ISPRS Congress, an international competition has been launched to award students and young scientists for academic papers related to the use of GlobeLand30.
GlobleLand30 is a global 30 m high-resolution and multi-temporal global land cover dataset and is an invaluable open-access data source for research and applications in remote sensing and spatial science.
Recognising that GlobeLand30 is a valuable resource for students and young professionals in their studies and work, the International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ISPRS) has proposed a GlobeLand30 themed session during the 2016 ISPRS Congress in Prague, with prizes available for the best two paper entries from students or young scientists. A first prize award of 1,500 Euros and two second prize awards of 1,000 Euros will be presented to the winners of the paper competition.
Entries are open internationally for students or young scientists (35 years old or younger) and the first author of a paper submitted to the GlobeLand30 Theme Session. The paper should be related to GlobeLand30 in one or more aspects and demonstrate original thinking. The applicant must also present the accepted paper in the XXIII ISPRS Congress in Prague. Suggested topics for the GlobeLand30 Theme Session include:
- Methodology of global land cover mapping and monitoring
- Validation of GlobeLand30 data
- Quality assessment methods, processing, and implementation for global land cover data
- Data uncertainty issues related to GlobeLand30 and other global land cover datasets
- Comparison and fusion of GlobeLand30 data with other global land cover products and geo-spatial datasets
- Applications using GlobeLand30 data
- Internet-based processing and services of GlobeLand30 data
- Societal impacts of GlobeLand30 data and applications
For further information, contact Prof. Fuan Tsai, email@example.com.