Here’s what you’ll find in the June/July 2022 issue of Position magazine, Australia’s industry journal covering the surveying, spatial, space, UAV, remote sensing, hydrography and mapping sectors.
If you’re not already a subscriber, it’s easy to sign up online via our subscription page.
- Locate22 — Read your editor’s first impressions of being a first-time attendee at May’s Locate conference in Canberra.
- 2021 Asia-Pacific Spatial Excellence Awards — See who received the prestigious individual and industry awards at the APSEA presentation ceremony.
- Solving the workforce challenge — The surveying and spatial industry has a solid new plan for solving its looming workforce crisis.
- Geospatial’s role in government services — See how location data is playing an increasingly important role in enabling timely provision of government services.
- Industry volunteering strategy — SSSI is seeking input on a program for using surveying and spatial skillsets for the benefit of the community.
- Q&A with Greg Tyrrell — Australia’s drone sector is flourishing but many regulatory and technological challenges remain, says the CEO of the Australian Association for Uncrewed Systems.
- Lift off for the National Space Mission — $1.16 billion has been promised for Australia’s National Space Mission for Earth Observation, with remote sensing calibration the focus.
- She Maps unveils geospatial education model — The Partnering for Purpose Model aims to inspire a new generation of surveying and geospatial experts.
- Shining a spotlight on bushfires — The Digital Earth Australia Hotspots program uses near-real-time satellite imagery to detect and monitor bushfires.
- The sky isn’t the limit — WA-based Global Drone Solutions has grown rapidly to become a leading drone training organisation.
- The ups and downs of Antarctica — ARC Australian Centre for Excellence in Antarctic Science researchers are using GPS to measure land movement across East Antarctica, an area the size of Australia.
Plus, we have all the latest industry updates from our partner, the Surveying and Spatial Sciences Institute, as well as our regular news section, a full list of upcoming conferences and a survey of the latest products on the market.
Stay up to date with developments in the surveying, space and spatial sectors — sign up to Position magazine today via our subscription page.
Stay up to date by getting stories like this delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive our free weekly Spatial Source newsletter.