Here’s what you’ll find in the Feb/Mar 2022 issue of Position magazine. If you’re not already a subscriber, it’s easy to sign up online via our subscription page.
- National standards: Work is progressing on the development of a National Standard of Competency for Licensed/Registered Surveyors.
- Inclusion: Boosting diversity and inclusion can be a win-win for your organisation and the industry as a whole, says Roshni Sharma.
- Dataset revolution: Victoria’s DELWP has used machine learning techniques to refresh the state’s 20-year-old tree cover dataset.
- Infrastructure roadmap: Geospatial resources, space development, data use and skills development are on Australia’s research agenda.
- Interview: The surveying sector faces a number of challenges but equally it has a lot of inherent strengths and opportunities, says Michelle Blicavs.
- Digital twins: In a $40 million boost, the NSW Spatial Digital Twin is being enhanced with 4D capabilities and mobile-friendly access.
- Innovations in GNSS: We present an overview of positioning technologies and look at where they’re going next.
- Earth observation: New sovereign remote sensing space missions promise to help Australia deal with environmental concerns.
- Sovereign space: The Australian Academy of Science has published a blueprint for the development of Australia’s space industry.
- Next generation: Educating and inspiring a new cohort of students is vital for the future of the industry, and it must start in the schools.
Plus we have all the latest industry updates from our partner, the Surveying and Spatial Sciences Institute, as well as our regular news section, list of upcoming conferences and a survey of the latest products on the market.
Stay up to date with developments in the surveying, space and spatial sectors — sign up to Position magazine today via our subscription page.
Stay up to date by getting stories like this delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive our free weekly Spatial Source newsletter.