Polish software developer TatukGIS have announced an upgrade to their professional GIS Editor, which the company says lifts the general-purpose application to the level of the more powerful TatukGIS Developer Kernel version 11.
TatukGIS says version 5 of the desktop GIS data editing and mapping application introduces a host of significant new features and product enhancements. Key among these is the fact that the scripting environment in GIS Editor now exposes the full TatukGIS object API, giving power users the means to add their own custom features and functionality.
TatukGIS API includes 750 classes and 19,000 documented methods and properties, and now exposes new support for OpenCL (GPU) enhanced computation for top performance in situations involving repetitive calculations.
Other key new features and improvements in version 5 of TatukGIS Desktop Editor include:
- Powerful built-in line style editor with unlimited line style possibilities
- 700+ item SVG symbols library, S-57 nautical symbols
- Progressive background rendering vector/raster base map layers
- Streaming TatukGIS hosted worldwide OpenStreetMap tiles
- Redesigned and more intuitive visual layer property controls
- GPU rendering and high resolution 4K monitor support
- OpenCL (GPU) enhanced computation exposed in the API
- Advanced support for pixel operations and grid analysis
- Vector-to-grid interpolation for Kriging, IDW, Splines, and Heatmaps
- Viewshed and Above-Ground-Level (AGL) visibility analysis with OpenCL enhanced computation (script)
- Fresnel zone analysis with OpenCL enhanced computation (script)
- Slope analysis (script)
TatukGIS also announced version 5 of its free desktop GIS Viewer product. Both the TatukGIS Editor and Viewer are developed from the TatukGIS Developer Kernel.