Earlybird prices for the XVI International Congress for Mine Surveying (ISM2016) closes this Friday 24 June. Held once every three years, the congress serves to share knowledge in the science and practice of mine surveying, mining and geotechnical engineering, geology, mineral evaluation and allied disciplines. This year ISM be held from 12-16 September 2016 in Brisbane, Australia.
The Congress theme, “Connecting Education and Industry” aims to bring the program back to the ‘coal face’ of our international industry, ensuring that mine surveyors working on-site as well as academics are involved.
The program will include an impressive selection of national and international speakers, scientific and technical lectures, technical tours, an exhibition and an extensive social program. Confirmed speakers include:
- Steve Hall, Executive Director of Mining Education Australia
- Karen Hanghøj, Chief Technology and Education Officer, EIT Raw Materials
- Anatoly Okhotin, Head of the Department of Mine Surveying at Irkutsk National Research Technical University
- Axel Preusse, Head of Chair at the Department of Nuclear Engineering and Technology Transfer, RWTH Aachen University, Germany
- Manchao He, Director of State Key Laboratory for Geomechanics and Deep Underground Engineering, Beijing, China
Name: XVI International Congress for Mine Surveying (ISM2016)
Date: 12-16 September 2016
Venue: Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre
Address: Merivale St & Glenelg Street, South Brisbane QLD 4101
Cost: AU$1,295.00 (AU$1,145.00 earlybird closes Friday 24 June)
Event Website: www.ism2016.com