The Council of Reciprocating Surveyors Boards of Australia and New Zealand (CRSBANZ) is developing National Standard of Competency for Licensed or Registered Surveyors.
CRSBANZ is asking members of the sector to participate in the development of the standard by providing feedback on an Issues and Opportunities Paper.
Feedback must be received by no later than COB on Monday, 14 March 2022.
A special webinar will be held at noon AEDT on Tuesday, 22 February, where project lead Michael Nietschke and others will go through the issues involved and take questions from the audience.
The development of a National Standard will require the surveying profession to consider:
- the role of a cadastral surveyor across the diversity of modes of practice now and into the future
- the broad scope of their work and their contribution to the community
- changing needs of the surveying and mapping industry
- current and emerging risks and opportunities across the whole profession
- competencies graduates should achieve at completion of tertiary qualification
- post graduate training requirements
- the skilled workforce supply chain
This will be an important body first step to achieving Cadastre 2034 Goal 5 — a unified federated cadastral system that is based on common standards.
Stay up to date by getting stories like this delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive our free weekly Spatial Source newsletter.