15 Bourke Rd
Mascot NSW 2020
In partnership with our reseller C.R.Kennedy we are organizing a Pix4D User Workshop in Sydney. This workshop is dedicated to professionals using photogrammetry, orthomosaics, 3D modelling and UAVs in their practice. During this in-person training, you will learn how to create accurate maps and models, as well as improve your results.
This workshop is dedicated to professionals using photogrammetry, orthomosaics, 3D modelling and UAVs in their practice. During this in-person training, you will learn how to create accurate maps and models, as well as improve your results.
Kickstart your workflow by learning about Pix4D’s recommended best practices when capturing and processing your imagery.
After completing the training you will be able to:
- Design the best flight plan for a perfect image acquisition workflow
- Extract the powerful benefits of our hybrid solution (mobile + cloud + desktop)
- Improve your results
- Identify best practices and share results with your stakeholders
Thursday, October 11, 9:00 – 5:30 PM
- About Pix4D: overview
- The theory of photogrammetry: from images to 3D points
- What can be obtained using Pix4D software: the outputs
- Compatible third-party software
- How to share results
- Georeferencing, project accuracy, and ground control points
- Best practices for image acquisition
- Creating a new project in Pix4Dmapper Pro
- Step 1: Initial processing and processing options
- Step 2: Point cloud and mesh and processing options
- Q&A session
Friday, October 12, 9:00 – 5:00 PM
- Pix4Dcapture: workflow and demo
- Precision agriculture
- Hardware recommendations
- How to improve the processing time
- How to handle large datasets
- Analysing and interpreting the quality report
- Future plans
- Step 3: DSM and orthomosaic and processing options
- Merging projects
Q: What level of experience is the Workshop intended for?
A: This workshop is geared towards beginner and intermediate users. It covers topics such as best practices for data acquisition and the different processing options. While the workshop can be attended without any previous exposure to Pix4D software, we recommend having processed at least 1 project to get the most out of the event. If you consider yourself an advanced user and you are interested in learning more about Pix4D software, please consider requesting a personal training by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: What will be covered in the exercise sessions?
A: We will cover the following topics
- Creating a project
- Adding Manual Tie Points/GCPs
- Evaluating the quality of the project
- Adding Scale Constraints
- Merging 2 projects
Q: Should I bring my drone?
A: Do not bring your drone as there will be no time devoted to flying drones during the workshop.
Q: Do I need a Pix4D software license to attend the workshop?
A: It is not necessary that you own a Pix4D software license to attend the workshop. If you do not own a license, you will be provided with a temporary one for the duration of the workshop.
Q: Should I bring my laptop to the User Workshop?
We recommend that you bring a laptop so that you may follow along during the hands-on exercises. If you choose to bring your own laptop we recommend that it run Windows and comprise at least 16 GB RAM, 20 GB free hard drive space, and a GPU that supports OpenGL 3.2. Please install the latest version of Pix4D desktop on your computer before coming to the workshop. Make sure to open the software and login to activate your license. Computers will not be provided on the day of the workshop. Computers running Mac OS are not supported at this time.
Q: Is lunch included in the Workshop price?
A: Lunch, coffee/tea, snacks and water are included in the price.
Q: Can I attend the workshop remotely by WebEx, phone, or conference call?
A: The workshop may be attended in person and is not available for remote attendance
Q: Are discounts available for educational institutions or non-profit organizations?
A: We are unable to offer discounts for educational institutions or non-profit organizations.
Q: Refund policy
A: Orders may not be changed, modified, converted, or refunded once an order has been confirmed.