The Australian Forum for Operational Oceanography 2019 has announced a discounted registration price until August 5.
Presented by Earth Observation Australia, FOO 2019 offers a cutting-edge program around two core themes: ‘opportunities for operational oceanography to drive the development of Australian marine industries’, and ‘Risks to Australian marine industries and the role of operational oceanography in helping to manage them’.
The organisers have announced a discounted registration price conferring a $100 bonus off the full registration for delegates who register before August 5.
The packed program features a groundswell of keynote presentations on the latest in oceanographic developments, and their implications and interactions with pressing issues of 2019, including:
- John Siddorn (UK Met Office) on “The UK ocean prediction community”
- Irene Penesis (University of Tasmania) on “The Blue Economy Cooperative Research Centre (CRC)”
- David Karoly (CSIRO/NESP Earth Systems and Climate Change Hub) on “Management of climate risks to Australia’s blue economy”
- CSIRO, Department of Defence, and Bureau of Meteorology on “Bluelink ocean forecasting”
- Geoscience Australia on “Precise positioning for the maritime sector”
- University of Melbourne on “The Wave Climate of the Southern Ocean”
- University of New South Wales on “The Surface Water Ocean Topography (SWOT) mission: Opportunities and challenges”
- CSIRO on “Ocean Current: New opportunities in satellite SST”
- Australian Institute of Marine Science on “Operational products supporting the future management of the Great Barrier Reef”
- Bureau of Meteorology on “Using seasonal forecasting to manage impacts of extreme ocean temperatures on marine industries”
Stay up to date by getting stories like this delivered to your mailbox.
Sign up to receive our free weekly Spatial Source newsletter.