Air, Land, Fire, Water is the theme for the Spatial Science and Surveying Institute’s 2018 NSW conference, to be held in Wollongong in November.
Abstracts reflective of this theme are sought for presentations and workshops at the conference, to be accepted until September 29 and reviewed by the organising committee in early October.
SSSI requests that submissions contain an overview of the project, research or topic to be presented in around 300 words, and have handily provided a submission template to smooth the process.
The institute hastens to add that presentations must be based around or reflective of recent experiences and can not be sales focused. The committee encourages presentations on all aspects of surveying and spatial science, but has provided a list of potential topic areas to explore:
- Aerial, Mobile and Terrestrial Laser Scanning and Modelling Applications
- BIM Technology and Adaptation
- Drone/RPAS Applications and Mapping
- GIS in Construction & Infrastructure
- Legislation, planning and reforms
- Innovative uses of spatial software
- Spatial Education
- Use of Spatial Technology in the Community (Emergency Services, Insurance, Town Planning, Vegetation, Real Estate, Fast Food Delivery, Natural Disasters, Utilities etc)
- Use of Spatial Technology for Natural Resources Management
The conference will be held from November 14th to 16th including a pre-conference workshop, welcome event and the NSW APSEA Gala Dinner. Presenters will receive free registration to the conference and sub-events.
Stay up to date by getting stories like this delivered to your mailbox.
Sign up to receive our free weekly Spatial Source newsletter.