There are only two weeks left for industry members to nominate themselves or others for this year’s prestigious Asia-Pacific Spatial Excellence Awards (APSEA).
The nomination process has been made much simpler for 2021, as there is no longer any need to address reams of individual criteria.
All that is required now is simply a brief written summary (no more than 100 words) plus a full written nomination (maximum 1,200 words for individual awards, 1,500 for industry awards).
Nominations are due by the hard deadline of Monday, August 9.
A number of changes to have been made to the award categories this year in order to improve inclusion and encourage participation from all industry members.
Of particular note is the industry’s ambition to champion all those who contribute to making the world a better place, through the introduction of two new awards:
- Diversity & Inclusion Award (replacing the Women’s Leadership Award)
- Workforce Development Award and Inclusion Award (replacing the People & Community Award)
Individuals and organisations are encouraged to nominate themselves or others for these awards, and also to encourage women professionals and those from diverse backgrounds to consider nominating.
“Workplace diversity is critical to our future success as we strive to build the world’s best space, spatial and surveying workforce,” said Danika Bakalich, General Manager of SIBA|GITA.
“Last year, just over 20% of those nominated for an Individual APSEA were women. Let’s work towards improving this statistic,” added Tony Wheeler, CEO of SSSI.
This year’s award categories are as follows:
2021 SSSI Individual Award categories
- Professional of the Year Award^
- Future Leader of the Year Award^ (replaces the previous Young Professional of the Year Award)
- Diversity & Inclusion Award
- Educational Development Award
- Postgraduate Student Award
- Undergraduate Student Award
- Vocational Education Training (VET) Student Award
(^ Open to current members of SSSI, SIBA|GITA or S+SNZ only.)
2021 SIBA|GITA Industry Award categories
- Community Impact Award*
- Award for Environment and Sustainability
- Award for Innovation: Small Business, and Medium-to-Large Business *
- International Partnership Award*
- Award for Spatial Enablement
- Award for Technical Excellence
- Workforce Development & Inclusion Award*
(** Replaces People & Community Award. ** This category has been split into two organisation sizes.)
Read our wrap-up coverage of the 2020 APSEAs.
Stay up to date by getting stories like this delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive our free weekly Spatial Source newsletter.